- Experience with some array of popular machine learning algorithms such as deep learning, gradient boosting, random forests, and logistic regression.
- Strong understanding of hyperparameter tuning, especially minimizing its computational cost.
- Must be equally comfortable in a Jupyter notebook and at the command line.
- Awareness of current trends in data engineering and the technical side of data science.
- Bonus qualifications include the advanced degree in computer science or another quantitative field and experience programming in Java and/or PHP.
- Big bonus points for experience working with geospatial data.
What You’ll be doing:
- Helping to define data science at JJFK, Inc. We’re a newer team, but we have a lot of internal support and are very eager to continue our success.
- Maintaining existing data products and continuously working to create new ones. Things we’ve already done or plan to soon: NLP, image classification, time series prediction, automated language generation, marketing optimization, geospatial analysis.
- Working with the engineering team to deliver high-quality data products to our users. Emphasis on high-quality. We have high standards and you should too.
- Participating in our engineering culture, with an emphasis on contributing ideas, thoughts, and constructive feedback regarding the work of others on our team. JJFK Inc. is a place where speaking up is highly encouraged.
- Working with back-end engineers to continuously improve our data architecture. We currently have no data engineer and regard these responsibilities as a cross-team shared effort within the broader Engineering department.
- Engaging in ongoing review and education relating to our work here at Neighborhoods and data science at large as it’s practiced elsewhere. Continuous improvement is a key tenant of our culture.
Education and Experience:
- Experience using Python and/or R in a data science production environment. The majority of our work is done in Python.
- 2+ years of experience engineering data science pipelines, especially in an environment heavily supported by AWS.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another quantitative field.
At JJFK Inc, we thrive on new ideas and the entrepreneurial spirit. Naturally, we always look for new people, explorers, and innovators. If you are interested in a career where your ideas won’t only be heard but rather celebrated, we’d like to hear from you. Please forward your resume, cover letter and links to code repositories for review to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Senior Web Developer in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.